Advising Information - links to documents and processes at bottom of page
Dianne Korth, RPTA Major CAFES Advisor
CAFES Advising Center: Bldg 74M-A
Phone: (805) 756-7574
Please note. Dianne Korth meets with students by appointment only. Please email email@example.com to set an appointment.
The RPTA Major Academic Advisor, Dianne Korth, assists undergraduate students with:
- Proper course selection and degree requirements
- Using and interpreting the Degree Progress Report
- Understanding and adhering to academic policies
- Supporting students on academic probation, disqualification, and readmission to the university
- Providing suggestions and referrals for other campus support services
The CAFES Peer Advising Center is staffed with well-trained, experienced students to help with schedule planning (PASS, Registration, PolyPlanner, etc.) and related general academic questions.
RPTA Major Peer Adviser - Megan Bonwell
CAFES Peer Advising Center: Bldg 74M-A
Winter 2018 Peer Advising Hours:
Monday 2-4:30 pm
Tuesday 1-3 pm
Wednesday 9-12 pm and 2-3 pm
Thursday 1-3 pm
RPTA Major Faculty Advising
RPTA faculty provide individual advising to students related to major and concentration courses as well as professional development and career planning. Each student is encouraged to meet with a faculty advisor based on their academic focus. Experience Industry Management Department faculty office hours are posted here.
Declare a Concentration
To declare a concentration, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of "Concentration/Last Name".
In the body of the email, provide the following information:
- Full Name
- Empl ID
- Catalog Year (i.e., 11-13, 13-15, 15-17, etc.)
- Concentration you wish to pursue* - Please include the official name for your chosen concentration [one only]. The official concentration names are listed on the RPTA Concentrations page.
* Make sure your chosen concentration is available for the catalog you are following.
Refer to http://www.catalog.calpoly.edu for the current catalog.
If you are declaring an Individualized Course of Study (ICS), an ICS form must be signed by a faculty advisor. ICS forms are available in the RPTA department office in Building 11, Room 261.
Links and Documents
RPTA Change of Major Procedure revised June 1,2017
Event Planning and Experience Management Minor new Summer 2017
Cal Poly CAFES Academic Advising Website
Cal Poly Academic Advising Website
Cal Poly Counseling Services
Experience Industry Management Faculty Office Hours and Location
Experience Industry Management Student Forms & Resources new Winter 2018