Event Planning and Experience Management Minor
If you are interested in pursuing the minor, please email EPEM Minor Coordinator Dr. Keri Schwab at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line EPEM Minor Waitlist. The waitlist will be reviewed on a quarterly basis, and you will be contacted when spots become available. Admission into the minor is not guaranteed.
The minor prepares students for a professional career in experience design, event planning, leadership, and management for a variety of event genres including corporate events, conventions, festivals, meetings, exhibitions, mega and hallmark events, sporting, international, and non-profit events. Principles of experience design, event planning, and structured and co-created experiences will be explored. Courses focus on strategic event design, planning, marketing, implementation, management, and evaluation.
Review the courses required in the minor (24 units) via the Cal Poly Catalog here >>:
- The Event Planning and Experience Management Minor is open to all majors, except Recreation, Parks, and Tourism Administration.
- Students must have completed at least one quarter at Cal Poly with 12 units of academic credit.
- Students must have sophomore, junior or senior standing.
- A 3.0 or higher Cal Poly Cumulative GPA or 3.0 Higher Education GPA is required.
- No minor courses can be taken until the student has been accepted into the minor and it is listed on their Degree Progress Report and PolyProfile.
- The minor must be completed prior to, or at the same time as, the requirements for the bachelor’s degree.
- The minor enrollment is capped at 30 students per academic year. New students meeting all criteria are accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
Contact the Minor Coordinator in the EIM Department Office to apply.